Unofficially referred to as the “Capital of New England”, Boston is the capital of Massachusetts. Boston has an interesting mix of cultural and historical heritage infused in the midst of modern architectural and attractions making it a fun place for vacations. The city of Boston is also referred to as “Beantown”. It is also notable as the location for the Boston Tea Party.The city of Boston has a rich cultural background and you can see find many magnificent theatres here. The Cutler Majestic Theatre, The Boston Opera House, The Orpheum Theatre and The Citi Performing Arts Center are just a few of the world renowned theatres located in the theatre district. In this article I would like to take you through a journey unveiling the history and magnificence of the “Citi Performing Arts Center”.The Citi Performing Arts Center was earlier known as the Wang Center for Performing Arts and consists of two theatres ” The Shubert Theatre and The Wang Theatre. The new name was adopted in 2006 after a 15 year agreement Citigroup. Along with Citigroup, the center also has partnerships with the Boston Ballet, Boston Lyric Opera and the Commonwealth Shakespeare Company. In the year 1925 Boston saw the opening of the “Metropolitan Theatre”. Developed by Max Shoolman and designed by Clarence Blackall with assistance from C. Howard Crane, the theatre had seating for 3600 people. In 1962, after it became the home of the Boston ballet, it was renamed “Music Hall.” During the period between 1960 to 1970 both performing arts and movies were shown at the Music Hall.In the year 1980 it was converted into a non-profit center and it renamed again the “Metropolitan Center” and during which there was an upsurge in theatrical performances. In the year 1983 after a huge donation was made by Dr Wang it reopened again as the “Wang Center.” The years 1989-1992 were very crucial as money had to be raised to restore the lost glory of the theatre. Sincere attempts at getting donations saw $9.8 million raised for the restoration of the theatre. The famous architects Hill, James and Whitaker designed the ‘shubert Theatre” also lovingly known as Boston’s “Little Princess”. It held its grand opening on January 24, 1910 and has seating of about 1600 people. The Shubert organization signed a 40 year lease agreement with the Wang Center on February 1966 and after grand renovation the theatre was reopened in November 1996. Its first national tour was the famous musical “Rent”. In the year 1980 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.The Citi Performing Arts Center, as it is now known, endeavors to exhibit the highest quality cultural attractions while igniting public awareness of the role performing arts play in shaping the personality of the youth of the nation.